Q: Tire pressure light check

asked by on July 25, 2016

My low tire pressure warning light came on, and I wondered if there is a way to tell which tire is low without checking the tire pressure by hand. I don't know how to do that. I have let the air out of the tire in the past trying to do this. My other car use to do check for me. Can you help me? I hope so.

There are a few different types of tire pressure monitoring systems in the car. Some just show you when a tire is low, some show individual tire pressure, and some will tell you exactly which tire is low. The Lexus GS monitors the system as a whole. When a tire is low, the light is set for the whole system. The only way to resolve this is to check all tires and inflate them to the proper specifications. If the vehicle is equipped with a full size spare, it may cause the light to come on when it is low as well.