Q: Why does my car takes about 10 minutes to warn up everytime it sets for a couple of hours

Whenever car sets for more than a couple of hours it takes about 7 minutes to warm up. After about 2 minutes, I depress had a couple of times and it acts if it wants to idle down but doesn't

The thermostat may be stuck partly open if it takes longer to warm up than it used to as long and the outside air temperature is not below freezing. If outside air is very cold than the engine would cool down quick and take longer to warm up. If you start the car and hold the rpms between 1500 and 2000 rpms then the engine should come up to operating temperature within about 5 minutes. If it takes longer than that and outside temperature is above 70 degrees F then replace the thermostat. If temperature is below 70 degrees F then it may take longer adding a minute for every 10 degree F temperature drop.