Q: 2001 honda civic ex and was driving down the highway and the car went into limp mode.

asked by on March 21, 2017

Was driving down highway for about 15 minutes and all of a sudden car goes limp, engine light comes on and I have the codes P0113 P1259 and P1361. i would like to know what possibly caused this and what I could do

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

One of these codes is for a faulted signal from the intake air temperature sensor. Many newer vehicle have this sensor integrated into the mass air flow sensor and this code trips when the sensor offers a vehicle to the engine control computer that may not be calculated properly as the engine control computer will check this value many times as the engine is running. The other codes are for top dead center interruption and vtec system malfunction. The first thing I would do in the situation is check the oil level. A low oil level can cause the vtec system to malfunction as it relies on engine oil pressure and if there is not enough oil then you may have low oil pressure. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out for a closer inspection of the vehicle to run a few tests and offer a more personal diagnosis of your check engine light and limp mode condition.