Q: car showing codes P0133 and P2096.

Check engine light is on. A scan shows codes P0133 and P2096. Car runs fine.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Based on those two codes, it is likely that your gas mileage has decreased somewhat even though you might not notice any operational problems. P0133 means that the rate of response of the oxygen sensor voltage output on bank one is much slower than it is supposed to be. That degradation can be caused by a faulty O2 sensor, a leaking exhaust manifold, an engine vacuum leak, an open or short in the wiring of the O2 sensor, soot or oil buildup on the O2 sensor (excessive buildup will clog the ports the sensor uses to measure the air fuel ratio), a dirty mass air flow sensor and/or incorrect fuel pressure. The other code is related to the first code in that the other code involves the engine’s air fuel ratio and oxygen sensor performance. P2096 can be caused by vacuum leaks, a faulty catalytic converter, faults in the fuel filter, fuel pump, or fuel pressure regulator, a faulty oxygen sensor or mass airflow sensor and/or worn out spark plugs. To get both of these codes resolved, and the necessary repairs performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a Check Engine Light diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.