Q: Leak and low oil pressure

asked by on December 04, 2016

I dropped to 0 oil pressure and it has a leak along the right side of the oil pan. it dropped to 0 after replacing with 5w20 (live in cooler area). previous owner thought it was a bad oil pan seal, after it dropping to 0 im not sure whats wrong with it

Oil Pan Gasket Replacement $191.74 - $580.05 Get a Quote

This suggests that you may have a leaking oil pan gasket. This can happen for a number of reasons, but is usually common due to excessive heat which causes the gasket to shrink creating a leak in the gasket. This is most likely also what causes your oil pressure to drop to zero psi as a result of the oil leaking out. This is very critical and should be fixed as soon as possible. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your oil pan leak and replace the gasket.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr