Q: Tire under inflation light keeps coming on when there's no puncture and tire pressures are correct.

Since March this year my cars u dear inflation light keeps coming on despite no puncture and correct pressures. Been into garage 5 times totalling in al 16weeks. They can't solve the problem, have you any ideas? Citroen C4 Cactus.

A: If your vehicle is over three to five years...

If your vehicle is over three to five years old and you have not had the tire pressure sensors replaced in the tires then it may be that one or more sensors are bad in the tires. The sensors have a built in battery that will last about 3 to 5 years before they start having issues sending a signal to the tire pressure monitor. Each sensor can be tested to see if it sending a signal with a diagnostic tool to check each sensor. Most tire stores and some mechanics will have this diagnostic tool to check the system for you.

If you’d like a fresh pair of eyes on the situation, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to diagnose your under inflation warning light and help you make the necessary repairs.