Q: My ABS light and occasionally my emergency brake light is coming on and my brakes occasionally make a grinding noise when coming to a stop.

My abs light is on and occasionally my parking brake or tire pressure light will come on and my brakes sometimes make a grinding sound when coming to a stop all the brake pads and fluid are in good shape what is it?

Hello there, many faults will cause your ABS light and emergency brake light to be seen on your 2009 Chevy Aveo5. When the ABS light is on it indicates there is a fault in the ABS system. This fault will leave a code stored in the ABS computer which when read will narrow down what is going on. Common faults are a wheel speed sensor, ABS module, or a wiring harness fault. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, a qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your ABS light and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.

3. My ABS light and occasionally my emergency brake light is coming on and my brakes occasionally make a grinding noise when coming to a stop.