Q: Got my rear main seal fixed, but my car keeps having a rough idle, cutting off & the Electronic Throttle Control Light is on.

I got the rear main seal fixed on my car at the dealer. My car is still leaking oil because I have to get a Valve cover fixed still. But I drove for about 20 minutes and my electronic throttle control light came on and the car started shaking & cut off. I tried to turn the car back on but it had a rough idle. I let the car sit for 10 minutes & then it wouldn't crank at all, just had the rough idle. I finally was able to get it to crank and i made it home but halfway in the drive, the electronic throttle control light came on and the car started to shake & cut off. What's wrong with my car? What work do I need done?

It sounds like you may have a faulty electronic throttle control unit. The electronic throttle unit opens and closes the throttle blade based upon input from various engine control sensors, including the accelerator pedal. This unit also controls, among other things, the cruise control function as well. When this control unit fails, this may cause intermittent stalling issues and rough idle problems. This is usually repaired by removing and replacing the throtte control unit. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle at your earliest convenience.

3. Got my rear main seal fixed, but my car keeps having a rough idle, cutting off & the Electronic Throttle Control Light is on.