Q: My left rear tire locks up when I push the brakes

I have already asked this question once but didn't get a logical reply. I replaced my rear brakes about 2 months ago and now my left rear tire likes to lock up when I push the brakes a little harder than normal, it does not feel like my abs is working what should I do. P.S my rear brakes are drum brakes.

A: You might want to check the installation of...

You might want to check the installation of the rear brake shoes to make sure they were installed correctly. There is a primary and secondary shoe. The front shoe is the primary and the smaller shoe compared to the rear larger shoe. If you put them on backwards then the front shoe will grab too much and could be causing the problem you are having. If you notice both shoes are long and go all the way from end to end then check the other side to see if you put both short shoes on that side.