Q: My 2016 Ford focus SE keeps dying at stop lights. It'll sputter a little bit and cutoff and the battery light comes on. It'll star

My car keeps shutting off at red lights. It'll sputter a little bit then cut off and when it cuts off the battery light comes on. Once I put it in park, turn it all the way off, and restart it it'll start back up and the battery light is no longer on, but it's getting harder to start back up. Recently had oil changed and filters changed, should I get a new battery?

It seems awfully new to be needing a battery. I certainly wouldn’t recommend replacing it without having it tested. I would start by focusing on the stalling. Your car is very new to have any kind of mechanical failure. It might be that you have a vacuum leak. Look under the hood for any rubber hoses that are broken or disconnected. Any air that can get into the engine without passing through proper channels will lean out the system and cause stalling. If you don’t find anything you can fix that way, I recommend you contact YourMechanic to have a technician come out to check out your stalling problem and let you know what it will take to solve it.

3. My 2016 Ford focus SE keeps dying at stop lights. It'll sputter a little bit and cutoff and the battery light comes on. It'll star