Q: Q: My 2002 cl600 starts then dies what is the problem

I have a 2002 cl600 Mercedes Benz it will start then dies..what can I do to fix it??

Hello there. Typically, a vehicle will start and then quit because of an issue with the fuel or electrical system. Once running, the engine requires a constant flow of fuel and good spark to keep that fuel igniting. If fuel is not readily available, or if there is not enough spark, the engine will quit. More modern vehicles with sophisticated computers may affect the way the vehicle runs. These computers help the car run efficiently but can also shut a car down if the fuel/air mixture is not correct. While an older vehicle may be less sophisticated and easier to diagnose, the computers on modern cars can provide more specific information when connected to a code scanner/reader. The best way to determine why the MB is experiencing this problem is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car starts then dies inspection.

The first thing to check for when you have that kind of problem is air leaks. Look under the hood for any large hoses, rubber pieces or vacuum lines that are damaged or not connected well.The Fuel injection system measures the air that passes into the engine to decide how much fuel to provide. If any air gets into the engine without going through the air mass meter, then there will not be enough fuel injected to keep things working. If you don’t find anything like that, then more in depth diagnosis will be required. You can contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your Mercedes and let you know what it will take to solve your problem.

3. Q: My 2002 cl600 starts then dies what is the problem