Q: What do you call the plastic water tank fitted on the sides of the radiator.

my radiators water tank has broken.the side with 3 outlets.what is the specific name given for this part.I only need that part,as it wont be very costly for me to replace.

This water filled plastic tank is sometimes referred to as an overflow tank, an expansion tank, or a reservoir. The expansion tank is a vessel that is designed to allow anti-freeze and air that are inside your coolant system to expand due to a rise in temperature. This provides a place for your coolant to expand as temperatures rise, stopping your vehicle’s radiator from cracking or boiling over, or cooling fluid from overflowing from the cooling system. If you’d like, you can have a certified technician from YourMechanic can replace your coolant reservoir for you at your home or office.

3. What do you call the plastic water tank fitted on the sides of the radiator.