Q: Having starting issues on my 2012 Chevy Malibu 2LT.

I would like to know where the fuel filter is in my 2012 chevy malibu 2LT. I'm having starting issues. It cranks but won't start. I do smell gas when I try starting it, however I have no idea what the cause would be. All the lights, wipers, radio, and windows all work, so I knew it couldn't be a bad battery. If you could please help diagnose my problem, that would be much appreciated.

Hello. Your particular make and model does not have a serviceable fuel filter. The fuel filter it has is on to the bottom of the fuel pump, known as the fuel strainer. To replace the fuel filter the fuel pump must be replaced as an assembly.