Q: How do you scan the GEM module in a 1996 Ford Explorer?

How do you scan a gem module

A: The GEM module can only be scanned using a ...

The GEM module can only be scanned using a scanner capable of accessing the GEM module through the OBD2 data link. The scanners that the Ford dealer uses can access the module.

There are aftermarket scanners on the market than can access these modules. This link explains accessing your vehicle on board modules. The use of aftermarket scanners may be limited on what information you can access for your GEM and other modules.

If you need any assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to diagnose and service your vehicle. Best of luck.