Q: How do I turn off cruise control?

How do I turn off cruise control?

To turn off cruise control, simply press the On-Off button on the steering wheel. The system will also be turned off when the vehicle is shut off.

3 warning lights on, power steering, VMS, and electronic lights. Any clue?

The fact that these lights are on is a warning to the driver that there are fault codes stored because one of more control systems have detected a problem. The vehicle will have to be read with a code scanner...

I got a diagnosis for a 2012 X6 saying the combustion misfires due to faulty ignition coil and I've gotten a recommendation to rep

Hello, and thank you for writing in. Getting a second opinion is always a good idea. Replacing the spark plugs is a very necessary part of maintenance that is often overlooked. It is never a bad idea to replace your...

Steering control has a "dead" band when you turn it left of right

You can try and re-calibrate the steering by starting the car and turning the steering wheel from straight ahead to left more than 360 degrees, then returning back to center. Next, turn the steering wheel to the right from center...

How do you erase codes stored in the Car2U® garage door opener?

You can use your Car2U® garage door opener to store codes for a number of automated systems. However, you may find that the time comes when you need to delete a code. You might be moving or selling the car,...

My car has been making a whining sound when accelerating, then is find at a set speed.

Hi There, It sounds like your vehicle may be a bit low on transmission fluid or you may potentially have a bad transmission control solenoid. As you know, the transmission works on hydraulic pressure built up from the fluid inside...

How do I change a track with the steering wheel?

You can use the buttons on your steering wheel to toggle between songs when listening to a CD or MP3 disc. Press the up arrow on the steering wheel to go to the next track, or the down arrow to...

Hard to get car in reverse once it goes in its fine but hard to get in.at first it was fine and gradually got worse

This may suggest the transmission synchros may be wearing out. Your transmission has small gear synchronizer rings that help to move the transmission in and out of the various gears. When these begin to wear out, you may notice it...

How do I clean and protect the inside?

You want to keep the interior of the car just as clean and nice-looking as the outside. Use a vacuum cleaner to remove dust and dirt. Use a damp clean cloth to wipe down dirty surfaces. Clean leather areas...

How do I use the tow/haul mode?

If your vehicle has an automatic transmission, you will have the option to put your vehicle into Tow/Haul mode. This mode allows the transmission to reduce automatic shift cycling, which will give you extra control when driving down steep hills...