Q: Is the rotor part of the hub assembly if not what is the difference between the hub and rotor

Gonna replace the driver side cv joint need to know whats a good idea to replace things while im under there

Hi there. The rotor is the metal disc that the brake pads use to stop the vehicle. The pads are pressed against the rotor with great hydraulic force thus squeezing the rotor. The friction of the pads against this surface enables us to stop the vehicle. The hub is the part that houses the wheel bearing on which the axle will ride. The hub also contains the wheel studs and is where the rotor is mounted via the wheel studs. The wheel is bolted onto the hub. Only worn/broken components should be replaced. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a safety inspection and, if needed, a cv axle replacement.

3. Is the rotor part of the hub assembly if not what is the difference between the hub and rotor