Q: Car Not Starting - 2013 Dodge Charger

I forgot the car on for around two hours with the key outside of it. when I came back, I switched it off and tried to start it, it is not starting. All lights and screen is working but it is giving me the engine light.

A: Hey there. I would start with testing your ...

Hey there. I would start with testing your battery and alternator with a multi-meter. Good batteries hold a charge of 12.6 volts or higher. If the battery is low, try to jump start it. If this starts your vehicle, test your alternator to ensure it is maintaining at least 14 volts. Alternators testing below 14 volts would likely be damaging to your battery. If jump starting didn't work, listen closely when you turn the key. Do you hear a single click? If so, then it is probably your starter. A quick diagnostic trick for your starter is to use a metal object, like a small hammer, and knock on your starter as someone turns the key. Most of the time, this will start your vehicle. If you need any more assistance, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your location to diagnose and repair the starting problem.