Q: Temp gauge goes up and down weather in idle or driving.

asked by on June 23, 2017

So my temp gauge fluctuates weather I'm in drive or in idle. I noticed it goes up when I accelerate, then I let off to stay at a pace, and it goes back down sometimes and other times not. I sat in idle to see what would happen, and it went all the way up really quickly, but even quicker it dropped back down all in about 5 minutes. Just started out of nowhere, one day it's fine the next day this is happening

Hi there. At first glance, it appears you might have a slight obstruction of debris or air bubbles inside your cooling system that can cause the type of symptoms you’re describing. If you haven’t had your coolant flushed in at least 50,000 miles, it is probably a good idea to have this service performed to see if it clears your problem. You can get an estimate for a radiator flush by clicking this link.