Q: Brakes and steering wheel quit working - 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 3500

My car has gone 117,000 miles. The other day while I was pulling from the driveway, the steering wheel and the brakes quit working. Both parts failed simultaneously without any warning. There were no dash lights on, no unusual noises. I checked the belt and it looks fine. I checked all the fluids. They look fine and are at proper levels. What might be the cause?

Hello. Your truck uses a hydro boost system to run the power steering system and brake booster. This means that the hydro booster controls both the systems when the hydro booster fails there will be no brakes and no power steering. Replacement of the hydro booster will fix your problem. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, assist you with this repair.

3. Brakes and steering wheel quit working - 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 3500