Q: Break (stop) Fuse blows when brakes are pressed.

asked by on September 21, 2016

My fuse for the break lights keeps getting blown everytime I press on the breaks. I put the fuse in when the car is off but then when I pres on the breaks it blows. I chnaged on the tail light harness because one of the socekets was bad but that didn't fix. Not sure what else I should do.

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

This is often times a result of a short in the system or an incorrect size bulb. Sometimes a bulb that draws too much power can cause this. Check also to be sure the right size bulb is in the socket. Check to be sure the socket connections are tight and there are no exposed wires. Exposed wires or broken wires can easily cause a short which will cause the fuse to be blown every time power is applied to it. If you would need to have this inspected, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the electrical system.