Q: Difference between a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan SE and 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan C/V besides the seating? Chassis & suspension diff?

Difference between a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan SE and 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan C/V besides the seating? Chassis & suspension different on the C/V version?

Was thinking of stripping the seats out of the Grand Caravan SE to make it into a work vehicle...but wanted to know if the shocks, struts, suspensions can take the weight. Need a payload of 1200 - 1500lbs

The C/V version is rated for 1,500 pounds of cargo and 300 pounds of passengers (1,800 pounds combined). All other versions of this vehicle, including the SE, have a suspension rated for 1,150 pounds max, passengers and cargo combined. Obviously, if you take the seats out of an SE you will reach your minimum required payload of 1,200 pounds. To determine the exact load carrying capacity of a vehicle simple view the certification placard on the door pillar which will contain the GVWR (subtract curb weight to get cargo capacity) but note that ratings per axle which must be observed to avoid overloading and dangerous operating conditions. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Difference between a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan SE and 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan C/V besides the seating? Chassis & suspension diff?