Q: Q: Clicking sound when trying to start the car

Car has sat in driveway for almost a year due to ignition switch/cylinder/key problems, finally removed the ignition cylinder and housing off the steering column and the electrical ignition switch is now exposed, allowing me to take a screwdriver and turn it as if it were a key to start the car, however....upon first trying to start it, the battery which I bought 2 weeks prior to the car being parked in the driveway for a year, was bone dead.....so I put it on a trickle charge over night.....upon putting it back in the car, turning the ignition to the on position, I have full electrical power....lights work....windows go up and down etc...however, when trying to START the car....it just "CLICKS" as if the battery was dead.....what could the issue be as to why it wont start ?

It sounds like you will need to have the starter checked. You’ll need to check if the click is coming from the starter solenoid on the starter or the relay in the power relay box in the engine compartment. Also, make sure the theft light is not on in the dash since you are not turning the key normally.

If you need some help with getting this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified professional can come to your home to diagnose your starting issue and help you get your car going again. Best of luck.

3. Q: Clicking sound when trying to start the car