Q: Ignition Lock cylinder issue

I recently had someone break into my 95 yukon and mess up the ignition pretty bad. I had a locksmith drill out and remove the old lock cylinder because the key would no longer go into the ignition. I replaced the lock cylinder but now the key spins freely to start position. No dash lights come on or anything. I also replaced the ignition switch didn't help. Ove tried two different lock cylinders no luck. Any suggestions on what it could be?

The attempted theft may have caused damaged to the housing behind the steering wheel. The spring loaded action comes from inside the housing and not the lock cylinder so I have a feeling you will either have to replace the housing or the entire steering column. Take a good look around for damaged wires that may have caused blown fuses. If you need some help with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home to diagnose your ignition system firsthand and help you make the necessary repairs.

3. Ignition Lock cylinder issue