Q: Grinding noise from tire

asked by on February 19, 2016

There's a weird noise coming from my tire that sounds like it's sort of grinding, but it doesnt seem to be getting flat or having any problems driving.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

If the noise is constant, it may be the bearings. If the noise is only when braking, the noise may be brake related. Bearings typically make roaring/howling noises, while brakes typically make squeaking/grinding noises. A test drive and visual inspection should easily determine the cause of the noise. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can assist you in diagnosis and repair.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr