Q: Grinding noise from tire

asked by on February 19, 2016

There's a weird noise coming from my tire that sounds like it's sort of grinding, but it doesnt seem to be getting flat or having any problems driving.

If the noise is constant, it may be the bearings. If the noise is only when braking, the noise may be brake related. Bearings typically make roaring/howling noises, while brakes typically make squeaking/grinding noises. A test drive and visual inspection should easily determine the cause of the noise. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can assist you in diagnosis and repair.