Q: Car won't crank or start

Car won't start. Dash lights up. All basic functions work in accessory. It doesn't turn over at all. Battery has been changed. Wires to starter have been checked. There are no codes or warning lights.

A: Hello. If the engine will not try to turn o...

Hello. If the engine will not try to turn over at all then the power to the start needs to be checked. If there is power to the starter and it is just not turning the engine then there may be an issue with the starter, but it can also be an engine issue. It is common for the timing belt to break on this engine causing it to seize up. When this occurs the pistons hit the valves and the engine will not move. If there is no power to the starter then the electrical system needs to be checked as it can be a transmission position sensor or possibly a bad clutch switch if it is a manual transmission. If you are planning on having this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home to diagnose your starting issue firsthand for an accurate repair.