Q: Knocking sound on the car's passenger side while driving

My car has a ticking-like sound on the passenger side of the car. It sounds like it's in the area of the airbag, but there aren't any warning signals regarding the airbag, nor any other warning lights. What is causing the ticking sound?

A: Hello. It is more likely that the “ticking-...

Hello. It is more likely that the “ticking-like” sound that you hear coming from the passenger side of the car is actually coming from the engine compartment.

• If the “ticking-like” sound is coming from the engine compartment, this could be due to a faulty drive belt or drive belt pulley, or a faulty tensioner pulley.

• However, if the “ticking-like” sound is coming from the interior passenger side of the car, it is possible that a problem exists with the blower fan motor.

It would be a good idea to have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect your car to pinpoint the problem that is causing the sound that you hear.