Q: Car will crank and run but won't idle and dies if you put it in gear

I've replaced the plugs which were fouled... this got it to crank up and run but not well and not beyond the 3sec or so that it primed the fuel... I added octane booster and then it began to respond to the pedal... so I drained the tank and put 93 octane fuel and it now runs and responds to the gas pedal well and I can rev it as much as I like. However it still won't idle and dies when I put it in gear... I've currently pulled the fuel rail and soaking it, and changing the injectors and pressure regulator out... beyond this what should I try if this doesn't work?

From what you’ve described it sounds like you are on the right path for replacing the correct parts to make it run better. I would also add the fuel filter to the list of parts you are going to change. Have the fuel pressure tested to see if the fuel pump is pumping the proper fuel pressure.

If you’re unable to fix the issue, feel free to contact a certified mechanic who can diagnose your starting issue and make the necessary repairs to your vehicle.

• Car will crank and run but won't idle and dies if you put it in gear