Q: How long for an AC compressor repair?

I need to know how many hours it takes to replace ac compressor on my 2001 Ford contour 2.5 liter v6 and which route would be the fastest and easiest way to do so someone told me that the k frame would have to be lowered to remove just wondering what your thoughts were on it as it's a project I plan on doing myself

A: Hey there. The replacement would take the a...

Hey there. The replacement would take the average technician about 2 hours of labor to perform this task after evacuating the system of refrigerant to make sure it is not released into the atmosphere. If you do not have the proper equipment to recover and recharge the system properly, do not attempt the repair. If you would like help having this done, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to replace the AC compressor for you. You can enter your vehicle on information on our estimator page to get a more precise quote and details about this repair for your specific car.