Q: Advice on changing fuid on a sealed Toyota transmission

Would you recommend changing the fluid on a sealed Toyota transmission even though supposedly it is a lifetime fluid? If so, do you know if a regular mechanic would be able to do so?

Any real mechanic can do it. It’s a matter of having tools and knowledge of how to do it. Since they are new designs, a lot of guys might not know about that, so they use their information system to look it up and see how it should be done. Yes, I would advise changing that fluid. As for my customers, I tell them it is a good idea to change that fluid like every 60,000 miles or so. They call it a lifetime fluid, but guess what, the warranty on the transmission goes out after so many miles. Then, if it breaks down, they’ll tell you that you need a new transmission or transmission overhaul. That costs many thousands of dollars. So, I would change it every 60,000 miles. If you need help having your transmission fluid serviced, a technician from YourMechanic can easily perform this task for you.