Q: Trouble with the traction control

Driveing along and the car starts to shimey or twitch with the traction control on, I have shut the control off and it makes no difference. I have seen the traction control light on the dash on as well as the traction control warning light at the same time . I had the codes read today and it did not show any thing It usually last about a mile then returns to normal The warning light usually dose not come on . One time I was driving along an normal speed tan it happened for about 2oo feel twitching to the right and them returned to normal. there is no predicting when it will happen . or inducing it to happen . normally it is not under hard acceleration

As you may know, the traction control system monitors the steering stability of the vehicle and engages when loss of traction has been detected. This is done by the use of electronic sensors that communicate with the Power Train Control Module (PCM) regarding steering performance and stability in adverse weather conditions. The traction control system works by reducing engine speed and determining which wheel to apply brake pressure to in order to prevent the vehicle from sliding. The anti-lock braking system and the traction control system work together to maintain the stability of the vehicle. The computer uses this information received from electronic sensors regarding the rotational speed of each wheel, the horizontal motion of the vehicle, and the vertical motion of the vehicle to determine how to direct the traction control system or the anti-lock braking system to best control the vehicle when needed. When this warning indicator light comes on in the dashboard, this could be an indication of several issues such as faulty wheel speed sensors, a faulty steering angle sensor, a faulty rotational speed sensor or a problem with the steering rack. In some cases, the traction control system may simply need to be reprogrammed. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to properly diagnose your traction control system.

3. Trouble with the traction control