Q: Engine roar while braking/ stuttering while accelerating

Check engine light is on. while breaking a loud roaring sound comes from the engine but only while car is in drive does not roar in neutral Nor in reverse. The car also stutters while accelerating does not want to pick up and go. I work an hour from home and I'm afraid to drive home and cause further damage...what should I do?

Hi there. If the engine noise is happening only when the car is in forward gear, the issue might be caused by a damaged CV joint or the wheel bearings. However, if you’re experiencing this sound while braking, it could be the brake pads have worn out and are starting to grind. Due to the fact that there could be multiple issues causing this sound, it’s probably a good idea to get a ride home and have one of our professional mechanics complete an car is making a noise inspection where your car is currently parked.

3. Engine roar while braking/ stuttering while accelerating