I am buying a used car, and the alternator is getting rep...

Q: I am buying a used car, and the alternator is getting replaced in the vehicle before I get it. Does this raise any red flags?

asked by on October 05, 2017

I am buying a used car, and the alternator is getting replaced in the vehicle before I get it. Does this raise any red flags? The dealership is replacing it, but I just wanted to see if there is anything else I should make sure of before making this my car?

A replacement of the alternator should not raise a red flag bu I would recommend getting the vehicle (inspected) [https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/pre-purchase-car-inspection] before you purchase it by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic. This will insure you do not have major problems before purchasing the vehicle.