Q: If I had my manifold, solenoid, transmission, and pedal sensor fixed all within 18 months. Do I have a lemon on my hands?

asked by on November 19, 2016

I get my oil changed faithfully, but my solenoid needed replacing, transmission broke, manifold cracked, and gas pedal sensor broke all in 1 yr and 1/2. I feel like I have a lemon.

In order for a vehicle to be considered to be able to claim the Lemon Law, your vehicle would need to be in for service to the dealer for one problems with three consecutive visits without the problem getting fixed. As an example if your engine stalls at stop lights and the dealer installs a part and returns the vehicle to you then you drive the vehicle home and the next day the vehicle stalls the same way it did before. This would have to happen for three visits to the dealer. After the three attempts to repair your vehicle then you would have to apply for the Lemon Law. If you go three times to the dealer for three different problems then it does not qualify to be in the Lemon Law.