Q: My gas gauge is always on empty it does not register when I fill my tank up.

The gauge doesn't register full when I fill my tank up.

This is a problem likely related to your fuel tank sending unit. The fuel gauge sending unit is a small float type component (or sensor) inside your fuel tank that measures the level of the fuel inside the tank. As the fuel level drops, this change is detected and relayed in the form of a signal to the car’s computer which then displays the reading on the fuel gauge in your dash. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your vehicle.

3. My gas gauge is always on empty it does not register when I fill my tank up.