Q: Car does not start after overheating

My car cranks, but it does not turn over. This issue started after my car overheated.

Hello. It sounds like you have a blown head gasket which has now caused antifreeze to leak into the engine block. If this happens the engine cannot compress water. This will prevent the car from turning over and starting properly. It will be necessary to have your head gasket and cooling system inspected. This should be done by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can help you determine why your car does not start.

3. Car does not start after overheating