Q: Check engine light on & car delays

The check engine light is on and my car starts delayed and it runs rough. The Tc light is on and reads Power Reduced. When in Park it runs rough as if it’s trying to cut off. In Drive and Reverse, it goes to sort of a normal idle, but I can’t drive - there’s no power. The codes are: P2119, P2176, P0638, P0068, P0101, P2135, P0300. They all seem to some how be connected to the throttle body and can I change this?

A: If all of these trouble codes are related t...

If all of these trouble codes are related to the throttle body, I would recommend having your vehicle’s throttle body inspected by a qualified mechanic who is proficient at engine diagnostics.

This inspection would check the throttle body for any damages to the butterfly valve or cooling system. This would also include a test of the throttle position sensor for proper function using the manufacturer’s suggested procedure.

The resolution to your issue will likely be discovered during one of these two tests. Which ever parts turn out to be faulty, a proffesional mechanic can assist you with replacing the throttle body or throttle position sensor as necessary.