Q: Car jerking when accelerating from stop.

My car runs well until I stop and then try to accelerate. It starts out by jerking slightly, but then accelerates with no problem.

Oil is leaking into spark plug well Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The valve covers on these engines are known for leaking oil into the spark plug holes. The seals are part of the valve cover and may need to be replaced. A qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can check to see if oil has got into the spark plug holes. If it has then the valve cover and gasket along with the spark plugs and coils with boots would have to be replaced.