Q: The dome and the rear brake lights are not working.

The rear braking lights are not working, Also the interior courtesy light is not working. I checked all the fuses and they are all good. I think it has to be something that provides power to both units. Please help

Hi there. It is very rare that these two circuits affect each other. It can be a failure in the SAM module if both of these problems started at the same time, but most of the time they are separate. Typically the interior lights stop working because they are bypassed or because there is a module issue.

I always check the dimmer first to make sure that the lights were not turned off. As for the rear brake lights, this is usually caused by a bad brake switch. This is a common failure on this vehicle. In some cases the SAM module will need to be tested to find further issues. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to diagnose the brake light issue and follow through with repairs.