Electrical / Hose RODENT Damage to vacuum pump. damage ai...

Q: Electrical / Hose RODENT Damage to vacuum pump.

asked by on December 31, 2016

I took my Mercedes in fir 80,000 service at deskership They are saying I have a leak in the vacume pump and centrifuge cover I JUST had the car in for EXSTENSIVE RODENT DAMAGE They had to replace a lot of wiring and hoses and wiring harness..$3,5000 later...They did not take entire car apart to see what else may be partially damaged or damaged When I read about thier new finding if the leak in vacume pump, I discovered a diagram shiwing an electrical diagram that also includes hoses... ?ISNT IT POSSIBLE THAT THIS COULD POTENTIALLY BE MORE....RIDENT DAMAGE???? Not just a " common" regular proceedure for a 6 year old Mercedes that was purchased and maitenced on schedule at Official Deslership?!!??

Hi there. If you have had a rodent living in your engine compartment, there could be multiple issues as rodents tend to chew through just about everything. It is possible that the rodent could have damaged the vacuum pump, but not the centrifuge cover. If the lines on the vacuum pump look like they have been chewed on then the lines were possibly damaged by a rodent. However, if there is no damage to the vacuum pump, then it is normal for a vacuum pump to fail past 80,000 miles and more than 5 years. If you need further assistance with your vacuum pump, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.