Q: 2010 dodge journey overheating but replaced thermostat and antifreeze

I just bought the car two weeks ago but it is overheating my husband replaced the thermostat and put in anti freeze but it is still overheating he is afraid of cracking a head gasket if we dont fix it soon

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are various reasons the vehicle would overheat, and the thermostat was a good place to start. You are also worried about the radiator, cooling fans, water pump, and engine block. You will want to check the radiator for clogs (flush if needed), and make sure the cap is regulating pressure correctly. You will then want to make sure the cooling fans kick on at the correct temperature (usually around 200-210, but this will vary). In serious cases there can be engine block damage and serious leaks. You may want to have the entire vehicle inspected due to the fact it is used, having issues, and a new purchase. For more help with this inspection, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. 2010 dodge journey overheating but replaced thermostat and antifreeze