Q: What does the air bag light mean on the dash?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What does the air bag light mean on the dash?

Your car’s air bags are important supplemental safety solutions; they’re not considered as important as your seat belts, but they’re directly connected to the system. If the air bag light turns on in the dash during startup, that’s normal. It should flash briefly and then go out.

If the air bag light doesn’t turn on at all when you start the engine, it means there’s a problem with one or more air bags, or with another component in the system. If the light comes on and stays on, it also indicates that there’s a problem. You should hear a chime/beep in conjunction with the error light. Have the system inspected as soon as possible.