Q: The battery light came on on my 2012 dodge charger after it seemed to turn off while i was driving. The car turned off after i spe

The battery light came on while driving after the car turned off on the freeway. I sped up and the car turned off and on again. I just replaced the alternator to a new 220 amp and an optima gel cell yellow top battery. After getting home i turned the car on and off and the light went away. Any ideas on why this happened? Your help is very much appreciated.

A: This can happen when the charging system is...

This can happen when the charging system is having trouble maintaining a specific voltage which is what causes the battery light to come on. This can also happen when the voltage regulator is failing or weak. This regulates the charging of the battery by the alternator. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your battery light and make repairs.