Q: My car wont go when press on gas pedal

I was driving my nissan and out of no where my car wouldnt accelerate no more . IT turns on fine when i put it on d i press on gas and it dont move at all it wont even go on reverse what can it be

A: If the engine runs normally and in park you...

If the engine runs normally and in park you can accelerate the engine (gently, to a couple thousand RPM ONLY) but when you put the car in drive the car won’t move that means one or more of the following has happened: the torque converter has failed; the oil pump in the transmission is not developing sufficient pressure; the shift linkage is broken or mis-positioned; the manual valve in the transmission valve body has failed, valve body and/or shift solenoids are faulty; transmission fluid level is very low; etc. If you like a mobile professional can be dispatched by YourMechanic to perform a failure to shift diagnostic, explain what has failed, and give you your repair options. Obviously, first check the level of the transmission fluid because if the fluid level is too low, that will cause a failure to "shift". If transmission fluid is very dirty, it also possible that the filter is plugged, too, which will cause shift difficulties.