Q: Can a leaking intake manifold cause surging on my 93 Chevy Silverado 1500

can a bad intake manifold gasket(s) cause a vehicle to surge? I can see a bit of motor oil on the top manifold, just in front of the throttle body kit. I have changed numerous items such as: EGR valve, EGR solenoid, engine temperature sensor, fuel filter, throttle position sensor, map sensor, idle air control valve and other items. So, after all these items, it continues to surge and my rpm's keep going high. So, with oil visible on the edge of manifold where the gasket is... I'm guessing it could be that.

Hello. A leaking intake manifold gasket can definitely cause the vehicle to run like this. It will not only cause excessive amounts of air to enter the engine, but it will also cause the sensors to not read right. It does sound like the intake gasket is leaking. I usually do a smoke test first to verify this. If you are going to have this leak repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the truck is surging] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/loss-of-power-inspection

• Can a leaking intake manifold cause surging on my 93 Chevy Silverado 1500