Q: Why does my truck have gas pouring out near the tank when started up?

Drove my truck 30 miles home with no problems then it sat in the driveway for an hour. I went to go start it up when gas started pouring out near the tank at an alarming rate. I shut the truck off and it stopped flowing out. This is the first time this has ever happened, I'm just wondering what this problem could possibly be from. How expensive would the fix most likely be?

Good question. I will go through a few steps with you to try to save you a little money and hopefully find the problem.

1. Get under your truck near the fuel tank.

2. Look for the lines that are coming from your fuel tank and you will see the fuel filter. It looks like a metal canister. I am thinking this is your problem.

3. If that isn’t the problem look at the lines and see if there is any rust on your lines. If so you will need to replace your fuel line

4. Also, look at your fuel tank and see if it has a hole in it at the bottom or side. If this is the case you will need to replace your fuel tank.

I hope this helps!

3. Why does my truck have gas pouring out near the tank when started up?