Q: Car only staying started for five seconds

My car's anti-theft system stopped a theft in progress, but now my car will only stay started for five seconds.

A: If the powertrain control module (PCM) does...

If the powertrain control module (PCM) does not have proper communication with the Sentry Key Remote Entry Module (SKREEM), the PCM will shut off fuel after two seconds of run time. A full key cycle down sequence must be performed for the engine to restart. Valid communication between the PCM and SKREEM must take place for the problem to be fixed. The SKREEM may need to be reset after your theft attempt. If this does not work, the SKREEM will need to be reprogrammed using a scan tool with OEM capabilities. Have a professional mechanic inspect your vehicle’s components to diagnose why your car is starting and dying.