Q: My car won't start

I tried jumping the battery, and the lights on the dash came on, but the engine still didn't turn over. After I was done trying to jump it with the cables removed but the key in the on position, I could hear the relays going crazy, and the lights were flashing on and off and going from bright to dim. I think I will go have the battery tested and maybe replaced. Is there anything else that this could be?

A: Try to replace the battery and clean the ba...

Try to replace the battery and clean the battery terminals first. It is also possible your Jeep has a defective totally integrated power module (TIPM). This module powers everything to do with starting and running the vehicle. The noise you are hearing is the relays inside this module having problems. Replacing the battery and cleaning the terminals may fix it, but my guess is this module may need to be replaced since it is a common problem. If you want to have this issue examined by a certified mechanic, consider YourMechanic, as they can come to your home or office to inspect the problem.