Q: Q: Should I purchase.

I'm looking at a 2009 Dodge Challenger. I've had it inspected by the dealer and everything checks out on it however it does have 169k miles and I just want to know what I should expect to happen with it and what I should expect to have to fix. It has alot of miles on it and around that time major components on a car start to fail. I just want to kwmow what type of yearly repair cost do you think I would incurr in your experience of buying this car with such high mileage even though its in great shape and working condition right now.

Hi there:

You are correct about having major mechanical problems occur after 150,000 miles. However, with a vehicle like the Dodge Challenger; what’s really the potential problem is how hard that vehicle was driven for the last 7 years. It’s a performance-style car, and many owners are known to drive them very aggressively. It’s difficult to tell you exactly how much you can expect to pay in upkeep for that vehicle because we need to inspect the vehicle onsite. You might want to avoid buying this car if you’re looking for a more conservative and long lasting vehicle. If you’re willing to take that risk, then I’d suggest having one of our mobile mechanics complete a pre purchase inspection so we can give you a better idea as to the vehicles condition.

3. Q: Should I purchase.