Q: Very low rpm

asked by on October 18, 2016

Recently my vehicle has very low RPM the most I can get up to is like 1500. 35 to 50 mph. I've just had a full service just 2 days ago and recently changed the cam sensor and the temperature control switch for the air conditioning. The service engine light is not on and I had a computer connected and it reads that nothing is wrong. The vehicle runs great except for this issue. Hope that I can get an idea as to what I can do. Thanks in advance.

Hi there. From the description you have given, I believe you are stating that your vehicle has no power, and you are only able get to 35-50 mph and nothing over 1500 rpm. You also stated vehicle runs great, which is somewhat confusing. The service engine soon light not being on, is also confusing. Typically, when there is such a loss in performance, the computer recognizes the fault in some way. This all leads to, the possibility of a restricted exhaust system (ie; plugged catalytic converter) or possibly a plugged fuel filter? I recommend having your vehicle’s lack of rpm and speed be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician from YourMechanic.