Q: Fuel line replacement cost

What should it cost to replace the fuel line? And what causes it to need to be replaced?

Hi there:

Fuel lines these days are typically made of a high-temperature grade polymer or nylon, that is highly resistant to wear and tear vs. the old rubber or plastic lines of yesterday. However, on a 2012 Kia Soul, a fuel line shouldn’t show signs of damage unless something cut the line or service was completed on the vehicle where the fuel line was moved close to an exhaust pipe. If you have a fuel leak under the hood of your vehicle, you might want to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a fuel leak inspection first before you have your fuel hose replacement completed.

Hi. Fuel lines can be metal or a specially designed plastic that can tolerate the corrosive properties of the gas. The metal lines tend to rust and leak over time causing it to need to be replaced. The plastic lines over time get brittle and crack and start leaking causing replacement. In some cases the connectors to the lines go bad as well causing replacement of the fuel line. You can use this link to get a quote for fuel line replacement.

3. Fuel line replacement cost